How do you create a relaxing learning environment for your children? When building our homeschool room, I did a lot of research on paint colours. I wanted a colour that inspired creativity and encouraged learning. I picked a bright blue that I love, but my husband hates. Since he loves me, I have beautiful blue walls in our schoolroom.
Along with paint colours, I wanted inviting smells that also inspired creativity and encouraged learning. I’m sure you have certain smells that evoke certain memories. When I smell vanilla I immediately think of my mother. She always wore vanilla perfume. My kids will probably always associate learning with Elevation, a joyful blend that promotes a revitalising environment. I have this in the diffuser nearly every day.
The main method in which we use essential oils in our homeschool room is with a diffuser, but we also have a few roller bottles for specific needs.
Here are some essential oils that I recommend for your homeschool space…
- Lavender – calming and relaxing (we also put this in the diffuser in the evenings after dinner to prepare for bedtime)
- Peppermint – boosts mental focus
- Wild Orange – brings an uplifting atmosphere and helps with concentration
- Rosemary – helps with memory and concentration (I use this everyday, I’m getting old, what can I say?!)
- Elevation – elevates mood and helps lesson feelings of stress
I hope to share more info on essential oils in future blog posts, if you have any specific questions let me know. If you would like more information on essential oils, please leave a comment or send me an email (email@example.com) and I’d be more than happy to help. You can also check out my doTERRA website here.